Friday, May 7, 2010

Can we get a lion?

I guess I should tell you that, allegedly, I rejected this book as a read when C first told me about it. I have a tendency to reject anything that becomes too popular. (Must be why I'm so cool.) So, when this video went viral....I didn't really care. I was just like, "Eh. That's cool." Move on.

So, I'm behind the curve and the hype when I tell you that this story is amazing and the video will make you really want a pet lion.

I'm not an animal person, so when people show my pictures of their pets I give them a half-hearted, "Oh...cute." And look away when they make out with them. If a friend of mine has a pet, I try my best not to push them aside, and I might even fall in love with them slowly and add them to my "pets that are okay because I know my friends are clean" list. That's not to say I hate animals. I like pictures of cute puppies and kittens just as much as the next person. I will swoon if I see a tiger snuggling with a penguin -- I do have a heart. But pretty early on my mom convinced me that pets are dirty, gross and full of hair. Oh, and that your house will smell if you have one of these dirty, smelly, hairy pets. ALL that being said...how much do you think it would be to house a lion cub before setting it free in the wild to then come back and visit it and have it love on me with its giant lion paws and slobbery tongue?

(Sorry I couldn't find any clips without Whitney Houston in the background.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment