Friday, November 12, 2010

TGI - F minor Concerto

 
 
I look forward to Friday mornings, not only because they lead up to the weekend. The pushing and shoving and general lack of consideration that comes with commuting is forgotten when I get off the 7 train at Grand Central and start making the climb up the steep escalator. There is a tall, thin man, in all black, with ashy blond hair playing his violin. He has a little radio that plays an accompaniment as he sways back and forth in tune with the music. Dancing a little duet with his bow as he lets the emotions swell with every movement and note. I love hearing the soft strings grow louder as we ascend. I don't know why, but it kind of lulls us all into a state of happiness and calm before we bustle off the stairs and snap back into commuter mode. 
 
Here's to a happy and calm-inducing Friday! 

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I know this exact guy. I love him. We have the same commute! We're like star-crossed lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I love calm and music, the only thing missing from this blissful situation is a fresh brewed coffee to sip along with the music....ahhhh

    ReplyDelete