Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Time is a goon...


I finally finished A Visit From the Goon Squad and I really can't tell if I liked it or not. I was supposed to finish it for my bookclub on Saturday, but of course I started it too late, because I was really into Dracula (which was surprisingly good considering it could have turned out to be like many dry classics I have forced myself to pick up along the years - I couldn't put it down!)
Anyway, I couldn't really get into everything with my fellow bookclub members since I was only halfway through it, but now that I've finished it, I think the word for what I'm feeling is: ambivalence. I enjoyed the book. It was not hard to get through. I loved some characters, I loathed some characters. But what was the point of it?  It is the perfect book for a book club though, because there is definitely a lot to talk about.


Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment