Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy New Year!.. I know I'm late!

It has been a busy start to the new year. Christmas came and went, New Year's was a blip on the radar and then came my birthday (with a pretty AWESOME birthday weekend full of fun -- post to follow).

I had to go to work and I started going to the gym....and my beautifully handsome nephew was born!.......so, do you see where I'm going with this??

I'm giving you a laundry list of excuses as to why I have not posted anything since 2009.

I really thought that I would catch up on my reading this holiday season. I mean what else is there to do then to catch up on made-for-tv movies with your family and snuggle up with a good book by the Christmas tree....or Menorah, I don't discriminate ;)

Well I was WRONG! One day it was Dec 1st, I blinked and it was the 24th and I was scrambling looking for presents for my whole family (umm that's like 12 people right there). Either way, it was great spending quality time with my crazy family, playing board games, watching movies and eating way too much. But it did not leave a lot of time for some "relaxing reading" time.

However, now that I'm settled into my NEW apt in Astoria (oh yea! and I moved!), I have had some time to get used to my new (30 minute!!!!) commute and have been able to pick up my biblio-addiction again.

Therefore, I still hold my New Year's resolution to be true, I will try my hardest to write a post at least every other day and at least once a month of them will be about my wonderfully unique family.....I'm just starting my new year a little late.....due to.....the Mayan calendar??

And just so you aren't left wanting, I will tell you that I did manage to squeeze in a few reads, one I won't bore you with (Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler) and a few that I will --posts to follow-- which include:

My Life In France by Julia Child and Alex Prud'homme
The Secret of Everything by Barbara O'Neal
Hungry by Crystal Renn

2 comments:

  1. I've always been a fan of fuller-figured models. There's a great site with many images of Crystal Renn and other plus-size models here:

    http://www.judgmentofparis.com/

    They're all gorgeous.

    The site's forum also has thought-provoking discussions about body image and the media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Always good to learn new things :) I'm definitely going to check that website out!

    ReplyDelete