Friday, January 29, 2010

Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. ~Bill Watterson

When we were younger weekends were for sleepovers, play dates, parties and sleeping in. Now I feel like weekends are for waking up before 10, running errands, paying bills, doing all the stuff you couldn't do after work during the week and if you're lucky, going out for a few hours to do something fun.

Growing up means entering the zone of schedules and internal clocks. Schedules that rarely allow for spontaneity and clocks that occasionally backfire on weekdays but will have you up bright and early on a Saturday morning, urging you to get out of bed and "seize the day"!

Should I be happy about this initiation into adulthood? I know, I'm getting too pensive, but weekends don't feel like weekends anymore. Maybe it's the cold, or maybe I'm suffering from seasonal affective disorder...who knows but I think it's time to take back the weekend.

We're given 48 hours to fill with fun things that should not evoke stress...I'm definitely going to take advantage of that...starting next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment