Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm a Boy!

Dear Mason Alexander,

Welcome!
We've been waiting a really long time to meet you!

Your mommy went into the hospital on January 12, 2010 and while you were working your way out to be here at 7:05 a.m. on January 13th, 2010, I would like you to know that I too was working myself out (at the gym) .....so we already have so much in common. (i.e. I'm your favorite aunt, right?)

It has been 8 1/2 long months that we've been waiting to see your handsome face, coming up with silly names to call you and wondering what you'll look like. Your big brother Jac could not stop telling all his friends and teachers that he was going to have a new baby brother.

When Jac was born, I was away at college so I didn't get to see him or hold him at the hospital, and I was pretty sad about that. But today, I drove with Tia Margie and Uncle Paul all the way to Long Island, and I got to see you up close! All bundled up, smelling good and looking peaceful. I got to witness your little lips turn up every time your mommy spoke and feel you wiggle in my arms as you found the best position to keep sleeping.

Your daddy sent us pictures of you throughout the day and I couldn't stop myself from smiling. Just thinking that we were going to have another little person running around, with the same mannerisms as one of your parents, had me bursting with joy.

FYI: We have a HUGE family, and although at times, it may seem overwhelming, you can never forget that we love you and Jac more than anything in the whole world. You have a lot of aunts and uncles who will be there for you whenever you need life advice, stock tips and a changed diaper. Use us, that's what we live for.

Are you wondering about your grandparents? Well, they're there to love you and spoil you rotten. You'll figure it out once you get a little older and Jac will be there to guide you every step of the way. And I don't know if you're worried or anything...you know all that time to think in the womb...but rest assured, Jac and you are going to be great friends. It might be a little rocky in the beginning, but he will always be there for you and he will love you unconditionally. Just remember what Grandma Yoli always says: Siblings are irreplaceable and irrevocable and they are your best friends for life.

Jan 13th will forever be one of the happiest days of our lives.
Welcome to the world! I love you :)


Love,
Your Tia Christy

P.S. Try not to confuse me with Tia Margie...we really don't look that much alike!



No comments:

Post a Comment