Thursday, March 28, 2013

In Like a Lion...

Hahaha - Just found this post that I drafted on March 7th - like I said before, both conferences were great, but this was a pretty horrible almost disaster that happened the day of - also, thought the title was fitting:

After weeks and weeks of stressing and no sleep because of some work related conference preparations I wake up this morning to a phone call telling me that the conference has been cancelled due to snow. It has not even started snowing, and I have lost PRECIOUS sleep over this - so it was a less than stellar way to start the day. All those anxiety attacks while organizing were for naught. And guuuuuys - everything was ready to go. EVERYTHING. The early bird does not get the worm. The early bird gets the "Be Back in 5 Mins" sign with a little drawing of a worm giving her the finger....that would actually be an awesome print/painting to make....dibs/copyrighting that right now, so don't event try to take it! (a little dramatic, but guuuuys this is how I was feeling)

Anyway..instead tonight I am going to see if I can get into a pre-screening of Oz, and drink lots of wine. Which I guess is a pretty awesome way to spend the night, so I'll take it! (I got to work and was told that the conference was actually still on and I had to travel back to my apt to pick up my bag! But we all breathed a sigh of relief because we had been so prepared and really wanted this thing to happen! And I still got a fun dinner with wine, so win-win.)

Finished Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin. Gotta tell you, it was not my favorite. I liked that it tied back with the previous books, but the story line was terrible. SPOILER ALERT: Basically it's about these two women indirectly connected to a tragedy where one woman's husband is the doctor for the other woman's son. Blah, blah, blah, the husband ends up cheating on his wife with the other woman, etc, etc. So stupid. It was a quick read, but I was just annoyed the whole time. I wouldn't recommend it.

Good news: I'm very lucky and I got my hands on an advanced reading copy of Five Summers by Una LaMarche, bloggess extraordinaire at Sassy Curmudgeon, and I'm loving it so far!!! You guys should definitely pre-order a copy here, here, or here. Expect a review once I finish it :) (This book was a great read! Fun, fresh, and light. I highly recommend it. A YA story about life-long friendships and growing up. Loved it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment