Thursday, March 28, 2013

Out Like a Lamb


1. March was insane at work. I had two HUGE conferences that I had to majorly prep and travel for. I was constantly running around like a chicken with her head cut off. But, they are over now and I got major kudos for being good at my job and anticipating all the needs and it was pretty awesome.

2. Went to see my parents out on Long Island this past weekend. Spent much needed time with all my siblings and my gorgeous, funny, bright, chunky nephews and niece.

3. After college, dating is this weird vortex. You go through your desperately lonely phase, your everyone-wants-to-set-me-up-with-someone phase, your online dating phase, your f* it phase, and then your my-life-is-awesome-I-will-find-someone-when-I'm-good-and-ready phase. Sometimes those phases happen at the same time. Sometimes you're stuck in one for too long. Sometimes you feel like you didn't have enough time in another.Well after years of sporadic dating here and there, I never thought I would get to the fun mid-20s phase that everyone alludes to where dating is actually just dating. No one is thinking marriage, no one is thinking commitment, you're just allowed to have fun and meet new people and see where the wind takes you. It goes against my controlling nature to let go but I honestly can't complain right now. Oh, and in case you were wondering - that guy that I thought was into me, but wasn't sure about? Well...a lady never kisses and tells.

4. I can smell spring in the air. The days are getting longer, dinners with friends are going later, and everyone is coming out of the woodwork. Summer is right around the corner. Sunshine, the beach, cold drinks, long nights, and major gym time to tone up for those teeny bikinis ;)

5. My sister and I impulse shopped at Target on Sunday. A really cute spring-into-summer black and tan dress. We needed these in our respective closets because as I mentioned before summer is coming! And this is going to look so cute with bangles, a pair of funky flat sandals, and a tan! But the thrifty fashionista that I am knew that I didn't have to wait for that 70 degree weather we are all craving to break out the new goods. So this morning, I threw on tights, my tall black boots and a black cardigan and I was good to go!

I love a dress that can be worn through every season!
Dress: Target, Tights: Modcloth, Boots: Macy's (not in stock)
Do you guys have any outfits that transition well between seasons? Any fun dating stories?
xoxo
mc

No comments:

Post a Comment