Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Babies

Oh, hi! Fancy meeting you here since I am drowning in a crazy work-week and literal pouring rain this morning. Didn't want you to think I forgot about you :)

So, what have I been up to? I finally finished The Post Birthday World by Lionel Shriver...remember when I told you that I would tell you if you should read it or not based on how bad the ending was? Well.....you should still read it. The ending wasn't what I expected or wanted, but I have to tell you - I still liked the book. Now that I'm done with that, I thought I should read something a little fluffier, so I picked up Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin. I know, I know, way overdue since this book came out a billion years ago, but whatever! Don't judge me.

Ramble, ramble, ramble. This weekend I went out to Long Island to see my parents and hang out with my gaggle of nephews and niece. Talk about jump-starting my biological clock. I'm living my life here in Queens, loving every bit of it, thanking God everyday that I don't have "major" responsibilities like kids or a husband and BAM! Insert the cutest kids ever and I'm like ooooohh but wouldn't it be sooo nice to be woken up by these adorable faces every day??? I'm sure I wouldn't be saying that after like a month of being responsible for four little ones lives, but I had the best weekend with them. Did spelling homework, ran around like a crazy person, aka ninja, fed, burped, hugged, cuddled, philosophized, and enjoyed every second of the day with my smart, funny, adorable nephews and niece.

I mean, look at this face!
I even felt a little sad on the train ride back home to NYC. But then I remember that I had the Oscars and tacos to look forward to and the sting wore off. And this happened:


I know, I owe you guys a delicious post about Alfajores, but give me a break! I was a single mother this weekend, and I only had help from my mom, my nanny, my dad, and one of my sisters. Geez!

xoxo
mc

No comments:

Post a Comment