Friday, February 5, 2010

Fantasy or Reality....you be the judge

I'll admit it. I'm a snob. If you ask me, I'll tell you I don't like fantasy or sci-fi books. I roll my eyes anytime someone suggests reading Harry Potter (I read the first one in 8th grade and had to do a stupid reading journal for it and I. did. not. like. it.) and I will throw you eye daggers if you even mention Lord of the Rings (UGH). But everyone's convictions get challenged at some point, right? I was bound to get put in my place about my hypocritical detestation of the "fantasy" genre, and it went a little something like this:

C: Did you just say you hate fantasy? 

Me: Ugh, yes. I just don't get it! I hate reading about things that could never, ever happen in real life.

C: Are you serious? What about Time Traveler's Wife?  Or better yet, Twilight??

Me: Well.......that's real. It could totally happen.

So, I've been outed. I love books about vampires and unrealistic brushes with the "other world". One of my favorite books when I was younger was Ella Enchanted. I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch and I occasionally watch Wizards of Waverly Place. Okay, okay. You got me.  

To my defense though, I did try to resist the Twilight craze, but how can you say no to a small paperback for $6.99, just to see what all the fuss is about?

1 comment:

  1. MC - I'm glad that you've come to terms w/this b/c now we can continue being friends! Although, I will admit that your Twilight love makes it difficult at times ;)

    ReplyDelete