Monday, February 11, 2013

Blizzard = Cabin Fever = Almost Death

Remember when I made all those great goals for this weekend?  Yea, me too. And remember when I didn't do any of them? Yea...me too.

I did rest and work on some music which I would count as being productive. Oh, and yea, I did watch 2 episodes of Downton Abbey. But seriously, why do I make goals if I never intend to keep them? I don't know! Get off me back. Geez....It's just so hard to stay motivated when it's cold outside and there is snow on the ground. It's like a get-out-of-jail-free card. So, I was really surprised when by the time the Grammy's rolled around last night I was ready to do anything but sit on my ass and watch TV. And guys, that's one of my favorite past-times!

I bounced around the apartment, doing push-ups, crunches, and lifting 5 lbs weights above my head....it sounds great when I say it like that. Kind of like a CURVES right in my own living room. My mom would be so proud. But you know what isn't great? Almost passing out because I haven't been to the gym since I started my new job, and that was the most "exercise" I've done in the last 5 months, unless you count walking 3 avenues to the subway every morning and 3 avenues back? Which I do not.

Yes, it's embarrassing to admit, but we've all been there (right?). You have a surge of energy, you think you can jump right back into the same level of intensity after months and then a big ol' dose of reality slaps you right in the face and you see stars and little birds flying around your head. And all the while you are wondering if you can make it to your bed before you fall down on the hardwood floor and your roommate has to call 911. And even while all that was happening, and my bff was gently plying me with aloe vera juice to get some sugar pumping through my veins, all I kept thinking was, "Don't pass out. You are in a bathrobe, with no underwear on, and you haven't shaved your legs in so long. Your mom will be mortified when she comes to meet you in the ER." Once again, my shame and Catholic guilt enables me to overcome tough life situations. Hooray!

I hope you will be happy to know that I did not pass out and I was fine after 5 minutes. But it felt touch and go there for a while. I did learn a valuable lesson though: Working out can kill you and you shouldn't do it.

Okay, okay, that wasn't the lesson, but don't you wish it was?
xoxo
mc

No comments:

Post a Comment