Friday, February 8, 2013

Lost my favorite black cardigan, and Nemo found us.

Every night after I give a shout out to God, and snuggle into bed I do what every red-blooded 20-something does....I think about what I am going to wear the next day.

I like to think about what I am going to wear, and basically have it set in my mind so that when I wake up in the morning all I need to do is stumble to the shower, put on my pre-set outfit and only worry about what I am going to scrounge together for lunch.

Well, this morning I was going to wear my black cardigan. You know, that black cardigan that's the perfect length and looks good with anything? And I. COULD. NOT. FIND. IT. This may sound trivial, but you've all had that moment of sheer panic when you are frantically looking for something in the morning and you are sure that it is under your nose and you just can't find it so it puts you in an even larger frenzy and then you just are like WHATEVER, fuck it. Ain't nobody got time for this.

Yea, that's exactly what happened, except after I looked everywhere in my room, I went straight to mentally blaming my roommate and stomped around the apt like a lunatic, which made it even worse, because by the time I got to the office, I felt really bad for being such a brat. Obviously apologized big time and it was fine. But the point is that I got home and it was right in the corner of my closet where I knew it was supposed to be, hanging there mocking me. Tell me this has happened to you?

Also - blizzard Nemo? Normally I get all frothy when it comes to prepping for a storm. Hurricane Irene, my roommate and I filled our bathtub with water. Hurricane Sandy, we filled everything with water, got two huge bottles of wine and provisions to make nachos (priorities people). And thankfully the most we've ever had to deal with is a slow internet connection. But for this blizzard, I have nothing. Some leftovers in the fridge, and my roommate is making soup. Let's hope we make it out warm and with full bellies.

Stay warm!
xoxo
mc

No comments:

Post a Comment