Thursday, February 7, 2013

We have to stop meeting like this.

It's actually really embarrassing how long it has been since I last blogged. A little over one year. So much has happened since we last spoke A YEAR AGO. Let me see if I can break it down for you:

1. I quit my job in publishing and started working at a non-profit 5 months ago
2. I read a butt load of books - yes, I said buttload (Checkout my shelf here)

3. My sister got married in August and I started losing clumps of hair and a significant amount of eyelashes and I looked like a broken doll.
You can't tell because I had some major fake eyelashes :)

4. My hair stopped falling out, and my eyelashes finally grew back by November. Thank goodness.
5. I got invited to be part of the fashion club at work - I'll tell you more about that later.
6. My brother had his third baby - a beautiful baby girl - and I died and went to heaven.
7. Oooo, I bought a sewing machine.
8. I started making more DIY crafts.
My roommate said this one day and I couldn't get it out of my head! I used acrylic paint, stencils for the letters, and drew the little worm :) and I gave it to my bff for her birthday

Bought this Ralph Lauren pillow from TJ Maxx for $16! I looked up monogram letters online and cut out stencils and then taped them onto the pillow before painting them on with fabric paint. I got the idea from Lauren Conrad. She says to use fancy sticky paper, but you don't need it!
9. Pipes burst outside our apt, and flooded our kitchen.



10. Gossip Girl ended and I didn't know what to do with myself.
11. I turned 27 and thought about how when I was 18 I thought I would have figured things out by now and then laughed at my naivete.
12. Other things happened that I am sure were important in my life, but I just can't remember them right now.

But anyway, hi! Great to be back. I guess I should tell you what I'm reading right now, right? Have you guys heard of We Need to Talk about Kevin? Well, I read that book for bookclub a couple of months ago and I couldn't stand it. It was the worst book ever and I wanted to throw it out the window so many times. So, Lionel Shriver wrote that book and I thought I would never read a book by her ever again - but alas, I picked up The Post-Birthday World, and I actually like it. It's kind of like that movie Sideways with Gwenyth Paltrow - where there are two storylines that branch off based on this one decision the protagonist chooses in the beginning. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm hoping that it won't be all messed up in the end and that I won't regret telling you guys that I liked it. So, as of right now, you guys should totally read it. But I'll let you know if the ending sucks and save you the disappointment.

Until next time!
xoxo
mc



No comments:

Post a Comment